INDUSTRY LEADING BENEFITS
A Message from MPC's Director of Human Resources
"What's it like to work at MPC?"
I often get this question from candidates and love the opportunity to explain how we're different.
At MPC, our business is built on a foundation of strong client and employee relationships—we recognize that people are our number one priority and key to our success. That’s why we offer employees industry-leading benefits including, competitive salary, PTO, access to continuing education and training, use of top tools and equipment, the opportunity to work on exciting projects, and a family-like environment where we know and care about you personally.
If this sounds like where you want to take your career, we want to hear from you. Browse openings below or send me your resume and a cover letter.
Lisa Fehsenfeld, Director of Human Resources
+ Project Superintendent
The Superintendent is accountable for the successful completion of all projects or specified project areas within budget, on schedule and with zero construction defects in a safe manner. The Superintendent is focused on working closely with Project Management regarding the proactive identification and solution of job related opportunities and issues. This individual will work to ensure a positive team environment based on mutual respect and collaboration between Project Management, Field Operations and all types of stakeholders on the project. This role is focused on customer service and will be accountable for all aspects of site operations as well as delivering projects in the field for the mutual success of our customers, internal teammates, architects, engineers, specialty contractors and other stakeholders.
- Experience supervising commercial construction projects (2 years as a lead project superintendent)
- Areas of expertise match our deliberate market segments
- Valid Driver’s License required
- 30 Hour OSHA safety training
+ Director of business development & Marketing
The Director of Business Development & Marketing is responsible for leading in a team environment to differentiate Martines Palmeiro Construction from the competition and build a growing base of business by evolving the Business Development, Strategic Marketing and Sales Program. The program includes identifying, pursuing, and developing relationships within current and potential market segments - focusing on client organizations where appreciation exists for the added value brought by Martines Palmeiro Construction. In addition, this position will have a significant external leadership role in the business community.
- This position requires 5 years of experience in the A/E/C industry, and 2 years of experience in a business development role
- Industry Organization and Association leadership
- Construction operations and / or estimating experience preferred
- 4-year college degree – preferably in business and/or marketing
+ Assistant Superintendent
The Assistant Superintendent is responsible for overseeing specific aspects of site operations as directed by the Superintendent. This person has a good understanding of the management of site logistics and various phases of construction, i.e. means, methods, materials, scheduling, and cost control. The Assistant Superintendent works well in a team environment and promotes positive relationships with owners, architects, sub-contractors, consultants and others.
- Assist in running the day-to-day operations on the construction site and control the short-term schedule. The role also includes assisting in important quality control and subcontractor coordination responsibilities
- This position requires 1-2 years of related experience and/or training.
+ Project Manager
The Project Manager is an expert in managing the full gamut of the construction process. This individual understands how to develop and maintain positive relationships that result in long-term partnerships with clients, subcontractors, and consultants. The Project Manager excels at consistent and accurate communication with all parties involved in the project process. The individual will lead a team with a project focus that includes; how the project fits with the clients’ goals while adhering to schedule and budget as well as the ability to identify project value and maximize the projects’ financial performance.
- 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience in the area of architecture and/or project management related to project development and construction.
+ Project Engineer
The Project Engineer supports the project team in delivering a construction project that is on time and successful. This individual will provide technical and administrative support to both the project manager, assistant project manager (if applicable) and superintendent. The Project Engineer possesses strong written and verbal communication skills in order to effectively communication to the Clients, Architects, Engineers, Project Manager, Superintendents and all Subcontractors. This individual will have a good grasp of inner office relations, field operations relations, owner/client relations, and subcontractor relations. The Project Engineer will be asked to participate in Owner, Architect Contractor Meetings, and Subcontractor Meetings and as required for Project interviews. In addition, this individual will be exceptional at prioritizing tasks as well as being organized and motivated.
- 4-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Estimator demonstrates a strong proficiency with estimating projects, including but not limited to the acute ability to perform accurate and timely estimates. The Estimator must be capable of managing the estimating process on assigned projects. This person possesses the skillset to execute a successful bidding process from invitations to bid through project award. This role will coordinate with the team in the interest of confirming and completing the scopes of work while proactively developing estimates. This role will initiate, maintain and strengthen positive relationships with subcontractors and vendors. This person will support the Estimating Manager to ensure that all policies and procedures of the department are being implemented.
- 2-6 years of experience in commerical and multi-family construction (REQUIRED). Minimum Bachelor's Degree in construction / architecture / real estate related field. Strong computer experience in On-screen Take-off, Microsoft Office Suite, Bluebeam Revu, Timberline, MC2 and Revit is desired.