FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CORAZON IS CERTIFIED LEED GOLD; THE FIRST AUSTIN AREA PROJECT TO ACHIEVE LEED FOR HOMES MIDRISE GOLD
AUSTIN, TX (December 14, 2015) - Martines Palmeiro Construction (MPC), a general contractor with offices in Colorado and Texas, announced that Corazon is the first Austin-area multifamily project to achieve LEED for Homes MidRise Gold. The 4-story mixed-use multi-family project achieved certification in September 2015 and achieved 83 points. Corazon is the first of its kind to earn this designation in the Austin area and represents the “green” transformation currently underway in the city’s trendy East neighborhood.
Developed by Argyle Residential, the building features street-level restaurant and retail space below 256 high-end residential units. Support for small and local commercial tenants maintains the neighborhood’s unique vibe and encourages a healthy economy. John Burnham, Argyle Residential Managing Director states, “Corazon is modern urban living at its finest. By earning LEED certification, we’ve demonstrated how luxury and sustainability can go hand-in-hand.”
“Congratulations to Corazon for achieving LEED Gold certification,” said Scott Gerhardt, Chairman, USGBC Central Texas – Balcones Chapter. “These buildings use less energy and water, save money for families and businesses, contribute to our economic growth and improve the quality of life in the communities where they are found. Corazon’s commitment to sustainable development in our community is a model for others to follow.”
Project Sustainability Highlights:
- LEED Gold – 83 points
- The 3rd level “rain garden” serves as a storm filtration system. Using specially selected plants and foliage, building runoff is “cleansed” before it drains into the city’s storm water system.
- 200 on-site bike racks which to encourage cycling with the goal of reducing vehicle emissions.
- LED lighting, low-flow plumbing fixtures and Energy Star appliances.
- Minimize the project’s environmental impact by diverting nearly all construction debris to recycling.
- Purchase of local products and goods to reduce transportation emissions.
Corazon welcomed its first residents in December 2015 and continues to complement the burgeoning community. Says MPC Assistant Project Manager Gregory Cole, “The design team made a point of making the project fit in with the neighborhood’s existing feel and flavor. The LEED Gold certification aligns with the community goals of sustainable construction.”
The project team members include:
- Argyle Residential – Developer
- GFF – Architecture
- Kathy Andrews Interiors - Interiors
- HGE Consulting, Inc. - MEP Engineer
- dwg. daniel woodroffe group – Landscape Architect
- US Eco Logic – Sustainability Consultant
- Martines Palmeiro Construction – General Contractor
ABOUT MARTINES PALMEIRO CONSTRUCTION
Established in 2008 by Michael Martines and Cory Palmeiro, Martines Palmeiro Construction, LLC (MPC) is a full-service general construction and construction management firm. With over 35 years of combined construction experience, MPC works hand-in-hand with clients, building relationships and tailoring cost-effective design-assist and design-build project delivery solutions.
Contact: Sarah Stott, Marketing & Human Resources Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org | 303-926-4949